Today in class, we read about how Antigone sided on Polyneices's side. I think that Antigone decided to take a stand against her uncle, King Creon, because since Polyneices is her brother, she feels that she has an obligation to her dead brother. Because she has no one left in her family to arrange proper rituals (burial), it is up to Antigone, to do this. Because Antigone is going against her country, she is very brave. Antigone knows the consequences that would happen if she was caught. She believes that no one will find out.
I agree with Kathryn's statement because Antigone believes that both brothers deserve to be buried. I also agree with Mary's statement because she is going completely against her uncle's decree, and he is not going to stop her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Patricia: I like how you discuss Antigone's bravery.
ReplyDelete**Copy and paste your comment about Kathryn statement under her post on her blog. Thanks.
Hey Patricia! Same. I agree with you on how no one is left in the family and that Polyneices needs a proper burial even though he is considered a "traitor" to his uncle. I also agree with you on the fact that Antigone is brave and strong-minded. These characteristics show in her determination in not letting her uncle or anyone stop her like you said. Nice way of explaining it!:)
ReplyDeleteI agree with everything that Patricia says, except that Antigone thinks she will not get caught. Antigone seems like a very smart girl, so she probably knows going into it that there is a chance that she will get caught. But, since she is going to do it with reasons of the heart, she most likely thinks that the chances are she will not get caught.
ReplyDelete